Welcome to Hickory Creek Healthcare
We look forward to getting to know you
The admissions process starts before you even enter our skilled nursing center. Whether you’ve been on a tour or received our brochure and talked with our admissions team on the phone, there are some important things that you’ll need to check off before packing and arriving:
A signed agreement between the resident or responsible party and the skilled nursing center representative covering medical care, charges and refund policy.
A physical examination or current medical report including:
- Current medical findings and diagnosis;
- Chest x-ray
- Evaluation of restorative potential and rehabilitative procedures;
- Hospital treatment summary (if the resident was admitted from a hospital);
- Medical and social plans; and
- Orders for continuing care.
A scheduled physician visit at least once every 30 days for the first 90 days after admission and at least every 60 days thereafter. Where an attending physician is unable to make this commitment, the nursing home will provide this service through our Medical Director. Each center’s Medical Director is a licensed physician, usually with privileges at a local hospital. Arrangement for the availability of physician services 24 hours a day in case of an emergency.
Helping You Make the Best Decision
Choosing a long-term skilled nursing center for your loved one is rarely an easy decision. We know you have questions from the payment details to making sure our center best serves your parent or spouse’s medical needs. We invite you to learn more:
Care Not Provided by Hickory Creek Facilities
Hickory Creek Healthcare Foundation wants to provide the best possible care to our residents, whether short-term or long-term. To avoid adversely affecting our other residents, we are unable to accept anyone who:
- Is actively combative and who could cause either self-inflicted injuries or injuries to others;
- Has an infectious disease and cannot be appropriately isolated;
- Requires services or has special needs that cannot be provided or the home is unable to meet.
If you have questions that aren’t answered here, our Admissions Counselor is available to talk with you. Find the location nearest you and contact us.